Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY - FUN WITH FOLDERS!

I have 2 techniques to share with you today and both involve Embossing Folders. The first folder I used is from Sizzix and the other 2 are from Cuttlebug. My first technique involves using one piece of paper for both your image and your background. I printed out the image and trimmed the paper to 4 x 5.25 inches. Then, I cut out the image using nesties.

Next, I took my Sizzix Embosing folder and ran the rest of the paper through the Big Shot. Finally, I put the center piece back in, so it looks like the picture on the right.



Then, I colored the SHELLY'S IMAGES image with Copics, daubed the embossed flowers and edges of the image with SU Melon Mambo and mounted it on SU melon mambo CS. Finally, I stamped an Artful Inkables sentiment using SU Melon mambo on core-dinations vintage green paper and cut out with SU punch. The result is a card that looks pretty complicated, but as you can see, it's quite simple and fun!!!



Next technique I am going to share with you today uses 2 Cuttlebug folders. Try for one with a subtle pattern all the way through (the dots) and the other one with a larger, bolder pattern that does not cover the entire folder/paper (the flower one). So first you run the image that you want to be least prominent through the Big Shot (first image of orange paper). Next, you run the image that you want to be more prominent. So you can see on the paper on the left, there is a nice imprint of the flower pattern and the subtle pattern of the dots which adds a bit of extra texture to the paper.

Then, I mounted the paper on CS, in this case core-dinations vintage green. Embossed impressions are on SU pumpkin pie. Then you can add your image, etc. I used this SUPER SHELLY'S IMAGE (decided to stick with the umbrella theme), which I colored with Copics and Atyou Spicas. Then I cut the image out with scissors and stamped Hampton Art sentiment on SU more mustard with SU garden green ink. Again, another very simple and fun technique that looks cool and like it took hours:) I also realized that I have used no DP so far this week and that my first card fits into SHELLY'S IMAGES current challenge, which is to use a white background for your card!
I hope these techniques have provided some inspiration for you! Please let us know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful tutorials Audrey. I am going to try them both as soon as I get home from vacation. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought of using 2 different embossing folders together like that. I am going to give this idea a try. Love both the cards today. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tutorials Audrey!! Love the 2 folder embossing!!
    Gorgeous cards too! Lovely work! :)
    Hugs & Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun tutorials Aud! Gonna have to try this sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfull tutorials Audrey. Now I know for sure to ask the cuttlebug for my birthday. LOL
    thanks for teaching this technique.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great embossing techniques.... fabulous job

    ReplyDelete