Thursday, August 23, 2012

A little Somethin'!

So, because we've switched to every other week challenges here at Shelly's Images, I thought I'd give you a little reminder to join us for the August Color Challenge, AND I thought I'd share a little something with you!

My hubby and I LOVE to cook!  
We look forward to the weekends when we can cook together and try new recipes.
We're always trying something new - either a recipe from a magazine or cookbook or whipping up something of our own.

So today, I don't have a paper crafting technique or tutorial for you, or even a paper projects, but I want to share with you a yummy (and simple) summer recipe we've been enjoying as we've been trying to use up our plethora (yep, my 50 cent word for the day) of tomatoes we've got growing in our garden.

Grilled Mozzarella Basil Tomatoes 
Tomato (we use the bigger tomatoes, but any kind will work)
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Balsamic Vinegar
Fresh Basil
Grill or Oven
Salt & Pepper (we sprinkle on the tomatoes when sliced)

Slice Tomato in 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and slice Mozzarella.  On a piece of foil place a tomato slice, sprinkle Tomato with Salt & Pepper and balsamic vinegar.  Top with a slice of Mozzarella.  Slice up some fresh basil in thin ribbons and sprinkle on top of tomato/mozzarella sammie.

Pop on the grill or in the oven until cheese gets melty and bubbly.  Tomato will get good and squishy - You can also turn the broiler on if you're using the oven to make the cheese a little brown and crispy.
Mmmmmm, Crispy Cheese. . . . yep, we LOVE cheese in our house too! 

We usually put these yummy tomatoes over grilled chicken and pasta, but you could eat these as a side dish too (believe me, we do)
Here's what they look like all bubbly, brown and yummy - 
Sorry one's missing - they looked so good I had to 'TRY ONE' before I took a picture.  =)

So, that's my little recipe sharing for the day.  I've always got a little something new on my blog if you are every looking for something new to try.

If you haven't joined us yet for the August Color Challenge, we'd love to have you join in!
Gorgeous colors courtesy of Design Seeds
Hugs & Happy Days!



3 comments:

  1. Yummo! I definitely need to make this! The hard part will be finding some home grown tomatoes. The dry weather has made them so hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love grilled tomoatoes, sadly no one else in my house does. They're also good on a slice of garlic bread. kind of an Italian grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite way to eat tomoatoes! yummo!

    hope all is well.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete