Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tutorial/Technique Tuesday

DID YOU KNOW . . .
that you can mail your dimensional cards in a clear box?

That's right!  I learned this recently and wanted to share it with all our Shelly's Images readers.
I have grown to LOVE making homemade paper flowers and hated to see them get smashed & out of shape when trying to package them for mailing!  

I wanted to put them on a card and send them in the mail to my friends without having to house them in a ton of tissue paper and a bubble bag.  Even for those store bought dimensional flowers (as used on the card below), this process works GREAT!

I have purchased both A2 & A6 size plastic boxes online at clearbags.com.  When I make a card with a lot of embellishments or homemade flowers on it, I immediately place it in one of these clear boxes.

 If I am preparing these for sale at the local craftshow or to my family/friends, I add a section of tissue paper (enough to wrap the card so it's still a surprise when opened), along with a 3' section of white organza ribbon and a small white tag.

 If you want to HAND DELIVER the card, you can wrap it in the tissue paper OR, you can simply wrap the outside of the box with the ribbon and place your sentiment on the little tag! 

 If you choose to MAIL it via the US POST OFFICE, you only need to follow a few easy steps:
  • Use a piece of clear packing tape on the ends to secure it from popping open,
  • Place your address label on the front,
  • Adhere $1.95 (US) postage.
That's all there is to it!
After showing my mother & her gentleman friend my "special" cards and how to send them in these clear boxes, this is what they have been doing for those "special" people who don't live close by or that they don't see very often.  They said they always get wonderful comments back from the recipients saying "what a fabulous surprise they received in the mail today"!!

I'm sorry to say I don't know how this process would work for our friends 'across the pond' ... but you could put one together, take it to your mailing facility and see what they say!

Well that's it for me today!  PLEASE come back on Thursday when we will have another fun challenge to share with you!  Hope to see you then!!


1 comment: