Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY - FAUX EMBOSSING

Do you LOVE embossing folders?  I know I sure do, but they can get expensive and sometimes they just don't come in the exact design you are looking for.  I am going to teach you how to get the look of dry embossing using a few supplies.

I have chosen my CS - SU tangerine tango, 2 different punches (you can use just 1 or more than 2 as well).  I chose a circle and a square that are similar sizes, but you can choose any variety you wish.

I cut my card and then use the extra piece of paper to cut out my shapes.


I make sure I have enough shapes.  I usually over punch so I don't have to go back and punch more, but obviously you can figure out how many shapes you need ahead of time so as not to waste paper or spend extra time punching:)


Now, I could just stick my shaped pieces on the card and have an awesome looking faux embossed card, but I like the look of textures and layers so I daub the edges of all my shapes with Staz-on timber brown.  (Staz-on is probably not the best ink type to use for daubing).


Then I use my tape runner and mount my daubed shapes on my CS.


I have a little extra space at the bottom and I don't really want to cut the last row of shapes in half, so I find some nice ribbon from my stash.


I add my SHELLY'S IMAGES image, stamp a sentiment from Verve clear stamps onto some DP, cut sentiment with Nesties and image with Nellie's die.  Then I add some pearl and bling flourishes from Prima just to give it a bit more depth and fun.


I hope you found this helpful.  It's really a fun and easy technique and also allows for minimal or lots of embellishing.  Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a clever idea. So simple to do and looks very effective. The kind of thing you can happily sit doing while watching tv too. Your finished card looks great, thanks for sharing. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea, Audrey! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOVE this. Great tutorial Audrey! Thanks so much for teaching us how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy tutorial to follow, thanks Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete