Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bead Spray Tutorial


Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Today I want to share my Bead Spray Tutorial with you.  Like many of you, I am a pretty frugal crafter.  There are so many wonderful embellishments on the market, but they can be pretty pricey.  

Try these "do it yourself" embellishments.  :)

 First gather your beads, wire, wire cutter, and a ruler.  This picture shows some different wires that I have.  The colored wire really gives a ton more design options.  Cut 5 or 6 lengths of wire.  You want to have enough wire to twist your spray together later so I would suggest cutting your wire to 4 or 5 inch pieces
 Now choose the beads that best match your project.  I chose to add 2 beads to each of my wires.  Of course you can add more or less.
Use Glossy Accents to adhere your beads to your wire.  I found that adding the Glossy Accents directly to the wire worked better than trying to put it on the bead itself.  Be sure to turn the bead on the wire to spread the glue on the inside of the bead.

 Here is one stem of my bead spray completed with two beads.  

 Once you have all of your bead stems done set them aside to dry completely.  I would suggest at least 6 hours, but overnight is probably even better.
Now I am ready to gather my stems and arrange them to complete the spray.  Try to vary the lengths so your beads are at different heights. 
 Once you are happy with the arrangement you are ready to twist the wires a bit.  Use your wire cutters to trim the ends of the wire.  
 Now wrap the ends for a pretty finish.  I chose white florists tape for my project.

 I bent the ends of my wire for a more finished look.

Now add the bead spray to your project.  Here, I have just shown how the beads could be added as decoration to a big bow on a project.  There are so many different uses for this pretty embellishment.

Have fun making your own bead sprays and please come back and show us any projects you make using our tutorial.  We love to hear from you.


8 comments:

  1. So pretty, thanks for the clear tutorial. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this it looks amazing:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this Shelly! This looks so easy to do, just need to get the supplies (I have beads). You've got me thinking of other possibilities with the wire!
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of that, thanks for the tip.....:))
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea, thanks for the tutorial! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great tip and looks so decorative - I can see many uses for this - Pauline L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea & tutorial! Thanks Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Thank you for the tutorial. I am going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete