Tuesday, December 11, 2012

On the 11th Day of Christmas


I love traditions.  And I am happy to say that my children have also come to love traditions.  One of the really fun traditions here at Shelly's Images has been our 12 Days of Christmas.  And since this year is our 3rd Annual 12 Days of Christmas celebration, I thought it might be fun to go back and visit a few Christmas' past.

If you have been following our blog for all 3 years then I hope some of these visits to Christmas' past will be great reminders.  And if you are newer to our blog then hopefully you will see something here that you missed before.

Our first flashback to Christmas past goes all the way back to our first 12 Days of Christmas Celebration in 2010.  I love these little paper Christmas trees that hook on the side of glasses as place settings.  Visit the original post for the template for this fun Tree Place Card.  And if you use Make the Cut software you are really in luck.  The original  post has a link to download the Make the Cut file.


Our second flashback also goes back to 2010.  This is one of my FAVORITE projects of all time.  I use my Christmas Shopping planner every year.

These Christmas Shopping planners are prefect for staying organized at Christmas.  I have one pocket inside my planner for each member of my family.  And I have one extra pocket at the back of my planner for "Other Family Members".  
Each pocket holds the list inserts (available to download at the original post).  These list inserts keep my list of the items I have gotten and items I still need to get.  The pockets also hold the original Letter to Santa from each of my children.  And best of all...I put all Christmas receipts into the pockets for any of those dreaded after Christmas returns.  I also find that it is great to leave everything in the pocket from one year to the next.  This serves as a great reminder of what I got my family last year.
Be sure to visit the original Christmas shopping planner post for all the details on how to make your own Christmas Shopping planner.  And there are a number of downloads to help you too.

For our 3rd visit to Christmas past I am going to actually share a fun tutorial that wasn't part of our 12 Days of Christmas but appeared at our blog right before Christmas last year.  This is such a fun project that I thought it should be part of our 12 Days of Christmas this year.  I made quite a few of these last year and they are hanging on my tree again this year.
The original post for our star ornament actually has a video tutorial to show you exactly how to make this beautiful project.  

I really hope you enjoyed this visit to Christmas' past.  Leave us a comment telling us about your favorite 12 Days of Christmas post.  It can be a favorite from this year or any of our past 12 Days of Christmas posts.  We will choose at least one random comment to win a Shelly's Images Gift voucher.

Be sure to check back tomorrow to find out what is under the tree at Shelly's Images.  This is always a fun game and of course lots of chances to win Shelly's Images Digi stamps.

Time is running out for our freebies and other games.  Don't forget to enter your guess for our 1st Day of Christmas game.  And there is still time to write your Crafty Letter to Santa.  Lots of fun prizes to win!
  


5 comments:

  1. Wow i love all of those 12 days of Christmas enjoyed ur freebies, tutorials everything was cool.. and this year my favorite was the first day Christmas game.. yummy candy:) Waiting for the 12th day of christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly - thanks for the 12 Day of Christmas postings - I liked writing the Santa letter - because I like to be goofy sometimes and this was an outlet for me! All of the tutorials are nice to keep on hand for future projects - like the spiral planner too! Enjoy your week - http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Shelly thanks for doing the 12 Days of Christmas again. I have gone back and got the pattern for your planner and looking forward to making it, as a gift for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so enjoyed the 12 days of Christmas. It was a lot of fun. I loved writing the letter to Santa. I am so glad you shared the Almond joy Cookie Recipe. I Love the free digis. Actually it is hard to pick a favorite post. I enjoyed it so much. It made a bright spot in my day. Love the ideas you gave us too. Thank you so much. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much for the wonderful comments. I have such a great time reading each one. Please join us again next year for our 4th Annual 12 Days of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete