Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial - Flowers, Flowers and Felt Flowers

Happy Tuesday!  Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Tuesday Tutorial at Shelly's Images!
After all the April Showers we've had, I sure hope my May Flowers start blooming soon!
Well, today with the inspiration of all the flowers and all things SPRING and WONDERFUL, I wanted to show you how to make these super cute little Felt Flowers I've been creating and using on my cards, scrapbook pages and other projects!
Ready for a felt flower garden of your own?
  
You'll need:
  • A Piece of felt - you can get these for 20 cents at Michaels or JoAnn
  • A circle/blossom or flower shape nestie (if you don't have nesties, you can use scissors or other diecutting shapes).
  • Bling/Button(floss) or Brads - I used my iRock on the pink one and a Button on the Orange one
  • Fabric/Craft Glue
  • Crop-a-dile or hole punch
  • IMAGINATION!!
 So, cut several layers in your felt. Here I used my blossom nesties and cut three layers, each a different size.
 
 Taking your Glue, I put a dab of glue in the center of each layer, except for the very top layer, sticking each piece together as you go.
 Add your bling to the center of your flower -
 and VOILA - Super CUTE, Instant Flower!
If you're using a Brad to connect layers together, PUNCH a hole in the center of your flowers. Attach brad to flower. For Buttons - add your button to the center and get our a needle and thread and sew button through all layers of the flower.
They're fast, simple and SUPER cute!!
I can't wait to see your wonderful Felt Flower Garden! =)
Hugs & Happy Days!

2 comments:

  1. OH WOW... thanks Min for this awesome technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min...I LOVE this! I haven't ever used felt items on my projects, but I can see now that I have been missing lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete