Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Squash Fold Card Tutorial

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!!!
Tuesday means it is time again for a Tutorial here at Shelly's Images and today I thought I would show you how to make this super simple "Squash Fold" card.  

This card can easily be made into any square measurement.  I happen to have both 5 x 5 and 6 x 6 square envelopes so I chose to make a 6 x 6 card for this tutorial.  **Don't forget...it costs more to send square cards**

For my 6 x 6 squash fold card I am starting with a 12 x 12 inch piece of card stock.  For a 5 x 5 squash fold card begin with a 10 x 10 inch piece of card stock.  My card stock is Bazzill Yam.
Score at 6 inches.  For a 5 x 5 card score at 5 inches.
Now turn the paper and score at 6 inches (or 5 inches for a 5 x 5 card).  Your paper should now have 4 equal sections scored.
We are ready now to score diagonally from one corner of our card stock to the opposite corner.  Only make ONE diagonal score.  For the 6 inch card it is a little hard to fit it on the score tool.  So here I have lined up one corner at the top with the middle score line. 
Now carefully fold the card open and score from one corner to the middle point.   
 Repeat the last step for the other corner so you end up with one full score line going from one corner to the opposite corner.
 Now fold along each score line and use the bone folder tool to make a nice fold.  Unfold and repeat for all score lines.
 To fold our squash fold card just fold in the sections that are made with the diagonal score.  The diagonal score will meet in the center.
 Here is another picture that shows the card folding closed.

Be sure to check back on Thursday to see my finished squash card and all of the other wonderful projects from our DT. 
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial today.  And I hope you will try one of these fun folded cards!

5 comments:

  1. This is brilliant and thanks for sharing it Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool - I'm going to have to give this a try! =)
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shelly for the tutorial - I have made a squash card this past summer - a good refresher for me - you did a good job on the tutorial! Have a great week! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shelly, what inspiration .xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this fold thanks for sharing, Shelly

    ReplyDelete